Research - Consumer Test
COSMETIC PRODUCT IN-USE TEST AND INSTRUMENTAL TEST REPORT:
PRODUCT: Doctors Formula Anti-Ageing Day Moisturiser 50ml
RESPONSIBLE PERSON: GCRS limited, Unit 3a Castleton Court, Cardiff , CF30LT
6.3. Comments and observations regarding tested product
- “Beautiful fragrance, intense but not irritating. Elegant packaging. It is delicate as a mist and moisturizes the skin.” – Subject No. 14
- “The consistency of the cream is too thin.” – Subject No. 16
- “It is absorbed very quickly into the skin. It is pleasant to use. Hygienic cream packaging.” – Subject No. 17
- “The product smells too intense.” – Subject No. 23
- “It moisturizes very well and is easily absorbed. Great product, one of the best creams I have used.” – Subject No. 24
- “Good smell and texture in the morning - nourishes the skin.” – Subject No. 36
- “Lovely fragrance.” – Subject No. 44
6.4. Unexpected effects of the tested product
45 people out of 49 subjects participating in the study did not report any unexpected effects.
4 people reported the following subjective feelings:
- irritation, redness
2 people continued the study, and these feelings appeared only once despite the long-term use of the preparation.
2 people the subject did not complete the study in-use test due to adverse effects of the product being and causes discomfort.
Due to the discontinuation of the use of the product by 2 people, it is recommended to monitor the side effects and analyze them after the product is placed on the market and product on the market and update the claims in the face of new data. The responsible person is responsible for monitoring these activities.
On the basis of the study and with individual assessments of the group of subjects it was found that:
1. Most people involved in the cosmetic product research of Doctors Formula Anti-Ageing Day Moisturiser 50ml did not report any subjective complaints, e.g. allergic or toxic – irritant effect on human skin like itching, burning, tightening or other.
2. The delivered opinion does not apply to persons allergic to any component of the evaluated product.
3. Opinions of the subjects participating in the study confirm that Doctors Formula Anti-Ageing Day Moisturiser 50ml is a cosmetic product that can be recommended for the skin face care.
4. Tested product Doctors Formula Anti-Ageing Day Moisturiser 50ml during systematic use in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations shows very favorable omni-directional effects. Following claims were confirmed:
- The tested product gives the feeling of hydrated skin.
- The tested product feels plumper and supple skin.
- The tested product moisturizes the skin for a long time.
- The tested product makes the skin look younger.
- The tested product gives the impression of more toned and firmer skin.
- The tested product makes the skin look more radiant.
5. Moreover, Doctors Formula Anti-Ageing Day Moisturiser 50ml is easy and pleasant to use with its:
- Proper consistency.
- Suitable, of adequate intensity fresh scent.
- Well absorbed.
- Spreads well.
6. The conducted moisture instrumental tests indicate that the product Doctors Formula Anti-Ageing Day Moisturiser 50ml after a single, quantitative application:
- The product increases the level of skin hydration. After 1 hour of quantitative application, the level of hydration increased by an average of 73 % in the examined group of 10.
- The increased level of hydration persisted over time, in 7 hours of measurements it was still higher than the initial level in the group by 60 % on average.
- This result confirms the very good moisturizing properties of the tested cosmetic.
7. The conducted TEWL instrumental tests indicate that the product Doctors Formula Anti-Ageing Day Moisturiser 50ml after a single, quantitative application:
- Leaves a protective layer on the skin that reduces transeepidermal water loss from the epidermis. In the studied group of 10 people, the level of TEWL decreased by an average of 29 %.
- Protects the skin against excessive water loss / reduces transeepidermal water loss.
- Reduces the escape of water from the stratum corneum.
8. The tested cosmetic product Doctors Formula Anti-Ageing Day Moisturiser 50ml meets the utility values set by the manufacturer.
8. DERMATOLOGIST’S OPINION
The dermatologist, on the basis of a report from application test, instrumental tests, and the composition of the tested cosmetic, states that the product called Doctors Formula Anti-Ageing Day Moisturiser 50ml is suitable for the skin face care.
Dr Aleksandra Rymsza
Doctor's signature and stamp.